CONCERT FROM MASSIMO RANIERI IN ITALY
20 NOV 2015 CASERTA – TEATRO COMUNALE – Dream and are awake
21 NOV 2015 CASERTA – TEATRO COMUNALE – Dream and are awake
22 NOV 2015 CASERTA – TEATRO COMUNALE – Dream and are awake
Massimo Ranieri: My 40-year career …
– 1964 at age 13 under the name of Gianni Rock recorded his first disc arrives in New York and on tour as support of Sergio Bruni.
– 1966, the turning point that led him to choose the name of Massimo Ranieri.
That year Canzonissima is called a Royal Flush and a fifteen Ranieri captivates the audience with ‘Love is a wonderful thing’.
– 1967 he won the Cantagiro in Group B dedicated to promising young with ‘mercy for those who love you’.
– 1968 participates in Sanremo with the song ‘a child’ paired with the Giants, a success that confirms him Cantagiro with the song ‘Prayer for her’.
– 1969 returns to Sanremo with ‘When love becomes poetry’ in tandem with Orietta Berti and back to Cantagiro winning it with ‘Red Roses’ that remains even for 13 weeks at the top spot in the standings.
Canzonissima edition of ’69 comes in second with ‘If you burn the city’. He released his first LP Massimo Ranieri.
Directed by Mauro Bolognini debuts next to Lucia Bose and Ottavia Piccolo in “Metellus” that led him to win the David di Donatello and the “International Critics Prize” in 1970.
– 1970 he participated in Canzonissima winning with ‘Twenty Years’, he released his second LP just twenty years.
He interprets “Meeting” Peter Schivazappa beside Florinda Bolkan; “Try to understand me” with Beba Loncar; “The lighthouse on top of the world” next to two stars like Kirk Douglas and Yul Brynner. He won the “Silver Mask” for the movie “Metellus.”
– 1971 back to where Canzonissima presents ‘Via del Conservatorio’, with the latter song reached the final and placed second. Take part in Eurovision with ‘Love is a moment’, it is released the album ‘Street of the conservatory’.
He interprets “Bubù” next to Ottavia Piccolo and “Allegations of murder” with Pino Colizzi and Martin Balsam always directed by Mauro Bolognini.
He realizes for the TV movie “chanteuse” next great Anna Magnani.
– In 1972 he recorded his first LP ‘O surdato nammurato’ with songs from the classic Neapolitan repertoire, recorded live at the Teatro Sistina in Rome for the stage direction by Vittorio De Sica and recorded by the cameras of RAI.
Participates again ’72 edition of Canzonissima repeating the win with ‘Grass in my house’ from which the eponymous album. He won the National Award “The numbers 1”. He won the Radio Monte Carlo’s popularity. • 1973 he participated again in Eurovision with ‘Who will’. He recorded a new LP ‘Family Album’. Vince Telegatto “Vote Voice” for Best Male Singer.
– 1974 the theater director Mauro Bolognini recorded at the Teatro Valle in Rome a show taken from TV and from which live affects the ‘LP’ Napulammore ‘.
Takes part in the last edition of Canzonissima ’74 ranking second with ‘For a woman’, he follows the eponymous album. Comedy plays “Cousin”. He won the “Great fun.”
– 1975 comes the tribute to the policeman “Salvo D’Acquisto” directed by Romolo Guerrieri next Enrico Maria Salerno and Lina Polito;
It takes part in a TV show in 5 episodes “A city down the road.”
– 1976 he recorded the LP ‘Meditation’ with arrangements by Eumir Deodato containing passages from the classical repertoire. Done to the Teatro Valle in Rome, directed by Mauro Bolognini, from a poem by Raffaele Viviani, ‘spots’ and culore’, which is made into a live album and a television show.
Yul Brynner plays with Barbara Bouchet and “Death Rage” and then with Eleonora Giorgi “The last time”.
The debut prose happens with “Napoli who stays and who leaves” Raffaele Viviani directed by Joseph Patrons Griffi. The Spoleto Festival decreed immediately successful, so that in the same year and always with Patrons Griffi realizes the play “In memory of a lady friend.”
– 1977 “The Waltz of the dogs”, directed Patrons Griffi with Romolo Valli. “Twelfth Night” and “The Imaginary Invalid” both directed by Giorgio De Lullo.
– 1978 records the album dedicated to the Odyssey, ‘The face of the sea’.
– 1979 is the turn of “The hot potato” with Renato cockpit and Edwige Fenech.
– 1980 toured Europe with “The Good Person of Szechwan” by Brecht and directed by Giorgio Strehler.
– 1981 he recorded another anthology of Neapolitan songs ‘Skip lu time and munno s’avota’. He interprets “The Policeman” alongside Fabio Testi, Enrico Maria Salerno and Valeria Valeri; “The last time together” always with Enrico Maria Salerno, “Priest of Love” and “Casta and pure” with Laura Antonelli.
– 1982 realizes directed by Gianfranco Mingozzi the film in two episodes “Sailing Away”.
– 1983 Become a tightrope walker and juggler in “Barnum,” opposite to Ottavia Piccolo. The album ‘Barnum’.
He interprets “The boys celluloid” that will follow in 1985. # 2.
– 1984 “Bound by tender friendship” and “In the shadow of the oak.” He won the “Positano Top” for the show “Barnum”.
– 1985 “Act of Love” directed by Alfredo Giannetti.
– 1986 meeting with Maurizio Scaparro will lead to the creation of the play “Variety” that evokes the splendor of variety.
– 1987 “The squander” and “The black shadow of Vesuvius” film in four episodes directed by Steno filmed on the Camorra in Naples. Always directed by Scaparro plays the “Pulcinella” by Mario Santarelli. He won the Taormina Arte.
– 1988, the return to Sanremo, where he won with the song ‘Lose the love’, the album which is named after the success Sanremo. Reinterprets the musical Garinei Giovannini and that was by Domenico Modugno, “Rinaldo in the field,” which comes out even the album.
– In 1989 he recorded the album ‘A beautiful day’ where she played the theme song of his Fantastic combined with the Lottery Italy the same year. Leads “Fantastic-Cinema” with Anna Oxa and Giancarlo Magalli, Alessandra Martinez. Until 1991 he will create the TV movie “The Proposal” (1 and 2).
– 1990-91 proposes “Pulcinella”.
– 1991-92 always directed by Maurizio Scaparro proposes “Liolà”.
Participate again in the Sanremo Festival with the song ‘Do you think’ that will be inserted in the homonymous album.
– 1993 plays in the theater “Teatro Excelsior”.
– In 1994 he took part in “The Island of Slaves” by Marivaux, directed by Giorgio Strehler.
– 1995 in the Festival of Sanremo with ‘Terry’, which precedes the release of ‘Ranieri’. Released “The price of money.”
– 1996 E ‘the voice of Quasimodo in Disney animated film, The Hunchback of Notre Dame Still directed by Scaparro brings to the stage “One Thousand and One Nights”.
– 1997 he returned to Sanremo with a song written by Gianni Togni ‘You speak of love’ which anticipates the release of the album ‘Songs in progress’ that collects pieces by famous Italian singers. He interprets “Flying”.
She takes part in “The house where he lived Corinne,” and the film “The price of money.”
– 1998 is in the cast of “Black Angel”
It tells the love story between John Gilbert and Greta Garbo in a musical, “Hollywood-portrait of a star” which released the album in 1999. • 1999 participates in “Love your enemy” of Damiano Damiani and “A kiss in the dark. ” He won the Premio Flaiano theater.
– 2000 proposes theater in the musical based on the love story of the boxer Marcel Cerdan with Edith Piaf in “The great champion.”
– 2001 back for a few weeks to tell on RAI with “You are all invited … Calone buzz”. Exits’ Today or dimane’ed begins the successful series of albums of great Neapolitan classics arranged by Mauro Pagani.
Back to perform in concert after 25 years with the theatrical tour of the show-concert ‘Today or morrow’.
Fellini won the prize for Best Actor for the film “Backdrops night Nino Russo.
– 2002 interprets “Backdrops night” with Ida Di Benedetto and “Family Ties.” He interprets “Spellbound” alongside Riccardo Scamarcio Cristiana Capotondi and Simone Corrente, and “History of war and friendship” next to Elena Sofia Ricci.
He was appointed Goodwill Ambassador of FAO.
– 2003 continues the collaboration with Mauro Pagani ‘Nun is water’ which is followed by the theatrical tour of the show-concert of the same name.
– 2004 under the direction of Claude Lelouch plays “Les Parisiens” beside Mathilde Seigner, Arielle Domblase and Michel Leeb. The album where he plays the songs of the film written by Francis Lai.
– 2005 participates in the sitcom House Café. The album ‘accussi grande’sempre arranged by Mauro Pagani and tours of the show-concert. He directed the opera “L’Elisir d’Amore” by Donizetti at the “Teatro San Carlo” in Naples.
He won the Baroque. Wins Prize Sirmione Catullo as Artist of the Year.
He won the New Spoleto Art and the Performing Arts.
– Channel 5 in 2006 dedicated a prime time where traces his artistic life, the evening takes its name from the stage and from the album “that’s what great”. Released “I sing because I can not swim … for 40 years,” the double album that celebrates 40 years of career. He directed the opera “La Traviata” by Verdi at the “Teatro Verdi” in Trieste with
baton of Daniel Oren.
– 2007 back for a few weeks in RAI to tell the Friday night with a show of his own “All women except me”, to be followed by a theatrical tour of the same name. He released his first book “My mother did not want” published Rizzoli. For RAI interprets “Operation Pilot”. For CHANNEL 5 plays “No way out” with Anna Galiena. And ‘the voice of the narrator in “Peter and the Wolf” in a concert with the Solisti Veneti conducted by Claudio Scimone.
Start the highly successful tour “I sing because I can not swim … for 40 years!” That you continue to have strong support from the public, which rewards him with a SOLD OUT all over Italy. Released film “Civic 0” Citto Maselli in which the protagonist with Ornella Muti.
He directed “La Traviata” at the National Opera of Tirana and at the “Teatro San Carlo” in Naples.
– 2008 continues the success of his show-concert, which is taken to the Valley of the Temples in Agrigento becoming a double dvd “I sing because I can not swim … for 40 years! Live “. The first for Ranieri. It ‘still ranks among the best-selling DVD.
He directed opera “La Cenerentola” by Rossini at the Teatro Verdi in Teramo.
And ‘the director of the musical “Poor But Beautiful” from the famous film by Dino Risi, produced by Teatro Sistina and Titanus with White Guaccero, Antonello Angiolillo and Michele Carfora.
film “The Last Pulcinella” directed by Maurizio Scaparro.
Comes the triple album “Gold Edition Massimo Ranieri” which contains a live Naples, the best of the double album “I sing because I can not swim … for 40 years!” And the album “Songs in Progress”, a tribute to contemporary songwriters.
Won the Premio De Sica delivered at the Quirinale Palace by President Giorgio Napolitano.
Peace of the International Confederation of Crusader Knights of Malta in Italy. Lifetime Achievement Award to the “Capri Patrons Griffi Award 2008”.
He won the “I Will Fly, The best of Made in Italy” as Person of the Year
– 2009 continues the tour of the show -concerto “I sing because I can not swim … for 40 years!” Comes to 300 replies by February 2007.
He won the Golden Burlamacco. He won the Special Jury Prize of the Festival of Busto Arsizio with the film “The Last Pulcinella” which also won the prize for best director Maurizio Scaparro.
– 2010 airs in November “Filomena Marturano”, the first of four plays by Eduardo De Filippo directed and performed by Massimo Ranieri and adapted for Rai Uno, which he sees as Mariangela Spalato co-star in his latest commitment before his disappearance. There will then, in 2011 “Naples Millionaire” with Barbara De Rossi and Enzo Decaro, “These Ghosts” with Donatella Finocchiaro and Gianfranco Iannuzzo. To conclude the quartet “Saturday, Sunday and Monday,” in which Ranieri sees his side an unprecedented Monica Guerritore. With these productions, enhanced by the music of Ennio Morricone, Ranieri finally realizes his dream of theater that makes TV and TV that makes theater, with excellent results in terms of auditel and critics.
– 2011 The famous show “I sing because I can not swim … for 40 years” given the success continues to be replicated, so as to change the title and become “I sing because I can not swim … 500 replies” (although now we are almost 700 and the figure will continue to rise thanks to the huge public demand).
– 2011 plays the protagonist Mackie Messer in “The Threepenny Opera” the most famous text by Bertolt Brecht, directed by the Neapolitan Luca De Fusco in a new translation edited by the writer Paola Capriolo. In the role of charming rogue, Ranieri performs as a true star of the stage, singing, dancing and acting restless further confirming his eclectic talent. In the same year comes to light yet another success BACKHOE the box office of the Italian theaters: “Viviani Variety”, poems, words and music of the Theatre of Raffaele Viviani, in evidence on the steamer Duilio traveling from Naples to Buenos Aires in 1929, directed by Maurizio Scaparro.
-2013 Dream and are awake – Between songs and monologues, in the new recital Massimo Ranieri crosses, besides the great Neapolitan songs, her beloved repertoire with all his hits, from “Losing Love” to “If you burn the city” along with the tunes of the most celebrated songwriters and Italian international Fabrizio De Andrè Charles Aznavour. The show, titled playful and provocative, is dedicated to the latest and dreamers: beside his most popular songs, such as “Grass of my house” and “Red Roses”, the histrionic artist ‘giving voice’ to men and women sung by the music of Raffaele Viviani and Pino Daniele and the theater of Eduardo De Filippo and Nino Taranto.
– He made his debut in 2013 at the Shakespeare Festival of Verona, the famous tragedy Richard III in the version directed by and starring Massimo Ranieri. Set in the 40 takes shape under the direction of the artist, a thriller with fast pace, in which no one will be spared from the machinations dell’astuto Duke of Gloucester, but not without merit it; in fact to claim victims more than Riccardo will be a disease which all the characters of the tragedy are suffering: the thirst for power. In a totally original and surreal are perfectly positioned in the words of Shakespeare in the adaptation of Masolino D’Amico, marked by the brilliant music of Ennio Morricone. The costumes were meticulously designed by Nana Cecchi and the impressive set design by Lorenzo Cutuli.
– 2014 Dream and are awake is a variety of Massimo Ranieri, produced by Ballandi that RAI 1 broadcasts for three Saturdays from 11 January 2014 Dear direct from the production center of Rome. The show, based on the project by the eclectic theatrical Neapolitan actor and singer (who wrote with Walter Peirce), mixed moments of music (songs of his repertoire but also of De Andrè, Battisti, Tenco, De Gregori, Modugno and Aznavour), with other theater (from Strehler to Patrons Griffi, Bolognini in Scaparro) and pure entertainment in the company of Italian and international guests.